[texhax] Macro usage being ignored

Kemal Akman Kemal.Akman at campus.lmu.de
Sun Sep 7 13:04:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm having problems with usage of defined macros simply being
ignored by TeXlive (standard, full Ubuntu 8.04 installation).
These are macros with several parameters (see below) and were
ported from Mac (Textures). I've minimized the problem and am
now at a loss why this simple macro use is being ignored:

\def\Thema#1\par#2\par#3\par{\vfill\supereject\nopagenumbers
\message{#1}% show the Thema title on the terminal
\setbox\Themabox=\vtop{\offinterlineskip\hbox{\strut#1\unskip}
   \hbox{\strut#2\unskip}
   \hbox{\strut#3\unskip}}}

Though the \message is being shown during parsing of \Thema usage
with three arguments later on. See attachment of plain tex file
and the PDF, which is missing "Title of publication here", and
"Firstname Lastname Date" at the top of the page.

As far as I could tell, all definitions conform with Knuth's TeXbook,
so I'd be very happy if someone could elaborate what's wrong here,
or any pointers regarding where to start looking.

$ tex --version
TeX 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea version 3.5.6

Thanks,