[texhax] Execute other Program, or parse....

Christopher Olah christopherolah.co at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:14:36 CEST 2008

Greetings!

I've been working with LaTeX for a while and had an idea I wanted to
work on. I implemented the basic algorithom in C++. Now I'd like to
make package. I've been reading through documentation on the
`programming' aspects of TeX and LaTeX, but can't find out how to
either  execute another program (Preferable solution) or parse a
command's input (eg, access newcommand's #1 in individual characters).

If anyone could tell me how to do either, I would be very greatful.

Thanks,

Christopher Olah