[texhax] Information about document in the document

Dan Hatton vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 16:48:20 CEST 2008

Tom Schneider wrote:

> See the 'pwd' there?  That's 'print working directory', a command
> under all unix operating systems such as Linux.  It probably doesn't
> exist in Bill's brain.  However perhaps you can put unix on your
> machine (ubuntu!) or make a unix platform (Cygwin) in which you can
> run the program.

'cd' without arguments is to MSDOS (and therefore presumably to modern
Windows versions as well) as 'pwd' is to Linux.  ('cd' without
arguments on Linux will, however, change the working directory to the
user's home directory, so watch out).  Although I don't know how you'd
get the rest of it, particularly the output redirection '>', to work.

--

HTH,

Dan