[texhax] Burning a dvd.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Oct 5 14:56:33 CEST 2008

I asked this question on alt.os.linux.slackware via google groups but
that site seems to be broken.  No posts since Oct 3 on any newsgroup.
Anyhow---
I have the dvd iso for Slackware current. I want to transfer that file
to a dvd disk via my dvd-capable r/w drive. For a cdr I use:

cdrecord dev=1001,0,0 filename.iso

Will that work also for a dvd disk? Or is there a different
incantation?

I have already created some coasters fooling around, and the media is
expensive.

If necessary I can boot a Debian partition, but I hope it isn´t
necessary.  I don´t speak Debian very fluently.
--
John Culleton