[texhax] -quiet for latex?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Nov 19 22:44:13 CET 2008

Sumit Rangwala writes:
 > Is it possible to instruct latex to print only the messages from
 > \typeout or \listfiles (or in short only from latex commands) and not
 > print any other compiler messages? I was unable to find any such
 > option.

Hi,
I doubt that it is possible.  LaTeX is a macro package based on TeX
primitives.  So TeX (the program) is actually not aware about LaTeX.

But if you really need this behavior you can switch to \batchmode at
the beginning and then temporarily to \errorstopmode whenever you want
to print something to screen.

Not very convenient but I have no better idea.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25