[texhax] printing fonts... off topic...

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Wed May 28 20:21:38 CEST 2008

On Fri 23 May 2008 at 10:22:47 PM +0100, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

>> Why does this happen/how can I avoid it in my docs?  Is there a
>> way to fix it for a complete printout?
>
>Can't replicate the problem using Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.2
>under Windows/XP.  No idea what "Leopard/preview" is/does;
>have you tried Adobe Acrobat Reader on your Macintosh ?

Preview is apple's default pdf reader, it works well enough that
people generally don't install another. *Printing* this sort of
doc is the only problem I've ever had with it.

I'd have gotten back earlier, but I don't have access to the
printer over weekends, and this was a 3 day weekend here, which
left a lot of catchup work for yesterday.

Yes, Adobe Reader prints the doc fine, as does gv; a colleague of
mine pointed out that if you use the ps driver vs the Lexmark c534
driver, it works (with preview). That is a solution that has been
used here, today, for new docs that have the problem. Downside of
using the ps driver is no duplex printing and probably lacking
other features.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><