[texhax] Appendices to Chapters

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:52:08 CET 2008

I am using memoir class. I would like to have some chapters having
special sections in the end, called Appendices. So it would be like

1 Chapter
    1.1 Section
    1.2 Section
    1.3 Section
    1.A. Appendices

2 Chapter
    2.1 Section
    2.2 Section
    2.A. Appendices
    2.B. Appendices

etc and while subsections in regular sections are 1.2.5 and similarly
numbered environments (like equations, theorems)
in Appendix type of sections they should be numbered as 1.A.8   etc

I would like to have toc and pdfbookmarks listing appendices.

Is the an elegant solution not based on manual reseting numbering but in

\newcommand{\append}{????}

Thank you.
          Victor