[texhax] chapter in \listoffigure

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Mar 17 01:03:29 CET 2008

On  16 Mar, 2008, at 13:53, Martin Wegmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a large document with various chapters and lot of figures,
> which are only
> separated by a larger space in \listoffigures. I would like to add
> chapter
> headings in the \listoffigures so that listoffigures separates the
> images of
> one chapter.
>
> So far I tried to find any relevant documents concerning this issue
> but without
> success. If somebody could provide links or ideas how to solve this
> problem, I
> would be very grateful.

After the first \chapter{First chap.} declaration you can add

\addtocontents{lof}{\centerline{\scshape Chapter I}}%
\addtocontents{lof}{\protect\vspace{1\baselineskip}}%

after the second \chapter{Second chap.},

\addtocontents{lof}{\protect\vspace{2\baselineskip}}%
\addtocontents{lof}{\centerline{\scshape Chapter II}}%
\addtocontents{lof}{\protect\vspace{1\baselineskip}}%

and so on. Change \vspace to suit your design, as well as the
\scshape, to whatever you wish.

Best,

Axel