[texhax] TeXnic configuration

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 04:17:16 CET 2008

On  10 Mar, 2008, at 05:02, Ulf Elvestedt wrote:

> Dears sirs/ladies,
>
> I have installed MiKTex and TeXnicCenter according to instructions
> in the Protext Manual. However, I am not able to configure
> TeXnicCenter. The system does not accept the paths suggested by the
> Manual. Nor does it accept any of the directory paths I am
> suggesting. The error message reads; ”The application ”Latex” has
> not been found in the directory of your Tex-distribution”. Please,
> can anyone out there help me?

Maybe I won't be of much help, because my platform is not Windows ---
I just have MikTeX and TeXnicCenter in a virtual machine.

I just tried, though, and TeXnicCenter is working fine.

Under Built -> Define Output Profiles... I have, for LaTeX => DVI

C:\Program Files\MikTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\latex.exe

Can you provide more information about your setup?

Best,

Axel