[texhax] getting embedded vs paged pdf (eps/png)

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Tue Mar 11 00:17:29 CET 2008

Hello Steve,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:50:21PM +0000, Steve Schwartz wrote:

>On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 14:39 -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> pdfcrop does a nice job, with the example from my other
>> followup post... but the method requires a file per
>> image for capture.  Which might be worth developing an
>> application around.
>
>Well, actually pdfcrop will crop individual pages of a multipage pdf
>(and it crops them individually, NOT all to the same size). Then, for
>example,
>
>pdftk <file-crop.pdf> burst
>
>will split the result into individual pdf files, numbered sequentially.
>I'm not sure what you want to start with, namely just the latex source
>of the equations, say, or a real latex document from which you want to
>spawn equations or whatever. If the latter, you could define a new
>outfile and get your latex source to write out a latex file which you
>then process via a shell script of some kind. And if you kept track of
>each \newpage in your outfile you'd also know the number pdftk would
>assign to the result and could reference it in some other document.

Well that is another interesting tool to think about... :)

>I'll stop here because (a) I'm getting over my depth and (b) as I noted
>above, I'm not sure what you want as a starting point and what you want
>as an end point. I also don't use TexShop.

TexShop is a nice mac GUI that integrates a basic
(w/ syntax highlighting) editor, pdf viewer, pdflatex
(command-t, "typeset") and a message/warning/error
window. Supports external editor and is a nice
application for developing tex files on mac.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><