[texhax] setting different fonts (in preamble?) for roman and small caps

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 4 18:33:03 CET 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:52 AM, McAllaster, Douglas, CIV, OASD(HA)/TMA
wrote:

> I hope this is a trivial question.
> I'm new to LaTex fonts for anything but the default (computer modern).
>
> I'd like to use one font, say palatino, for roman text;
> but I'd like to use another font, say helvetica bold, for small caps.
>
> Can I set those for an entire document,
> such that I can switch between \normaltext and \scshape
> without a full NFSS font specification each time?

Yes, but one wonders what you're trying to achieve and why.

Look at the fontinst docs for one aspect of the solution, and Philip
Lehman's wonderful font installation tutorial for a full description.

I believe we could better assist you if you described why you need
this sort of thing.

William

--
William Adams