[texhax] Another interview with Donald Knuth

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jun 25 13:44:04 CEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> More and more publishers are converting their online journal Web
> data to Unicode, and probably their journal production as well.
> We're going to see a lot of these kinds of problems for the next
> couple of decades, I suspect.

I've _been_ seeing these things for more than the past decade and am
really tired of it.

Probably wouldn't be so irritated by this sort of thing if I hadn't
spent a significant chunk of time at my previous job making a couple
of hundred characters for use on www.medabbrev.com

And of course, there's the perfect hindsight thought of, ``if only Tim
Berners-Lee had looked more towards TeXview.app on his NeXT Cube and
used it as the basis for how to render text (and math) in
worldwideweb.app.''

William

--
William Adams