[texhax] Style

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 06:04:21 CEST 2008

On  18 Jul, 2008, at 17:39, PR Stanley wrote:

> Hi folks
> Having learned enough to typeset reasonably elaborate mathematical
> documents I'd like to know if there are stylistic standards that one
> can use for maintaining consistency. I've looked at many documents
> and it would appear that peopl are more inclined to exercise
> creativity than adhere to a universal stylistic paradigm. As someone
> unable to see the outcome of a LaTeX document in PDF or DVI (because
> of my visual impairment) it is hard for me to know which one of the
> many stylistic decisions results in something decent and presentable.
> Any advice on the subject, perhaps tips on style would be gratefully
> appreciated.

TeX (and LaTeX) by themselves are all you'll need to achieve a better
presentation than with any other typesetting system.

That said, the amsmath package fixes some spacing glitches in LaTeX,
and if you want even more fine-tuning, in my opinion the mathtools
package by Morten Høgholm is all you need.

Best,

Axel