[texhax] Basic error with installation

Axel Schneider mail at draxelschneider.de
Thu Jul 17 02:12:54 CEST 2008

Hello, I read all FAQ and the Documentation, but appear to be lost at a
basic error at installation.

After downloading texlive2007-live-20070212.iso.zip, extracting the zip, and
extracting the iso (with isobuster), I tried to install the package on my
win xp pro notebook by executing C:\...\Desktop\Tex
Source\TeXLive2007\setuptl\tlpmgui.exe and immediately and repeatedly
received the following error msg

Error in startup script

wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
   while executing
"source $filegui"
 (file "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Axel Schneider Admin/Desktop/Tex
Source/TeXLive2007/setuptl/tlpmgui.exe/main.tcl" line 363)

I very much hope that you can help, as I need Tex desperately.

Best wishes,

Axel Schneider
Sömmerringstr. 17
60322 Frankfurt, Germany