[texhax] hyperref figure link to caption

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sat Jul 12 00:45:19 CEST 2008

Texhaxers:

I'm using

\usepackage{hyperref}

Someone in my lab pointed out that all the links to figures in the pdf
point to the figure caption such that after one follows the link the
caption is at the top of the page view, not the figure itself.  The
figure is not visible and the reader has to scroll up to see it.

The label has to follow the caption or the figure number gets lost in
the calling text so I can't just move the label up.  So how can I get
hyperref to "do the right thing" and point to the top of the figure
environment?  Alternatively, can it be made to just point to the
relevant page?  I didn't see options for this at

http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/manual.html

I'm using:

hyperref.sty    2003/11/30 v6.74m Hypertext links for LaTeX

Thanks!

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu