[texhax] steady decline in tug membership ?

justanotheradress at gmail.com justanotheradress at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 02:35:53 CET 2008

Hi

I'm also a new TeX(live) user. After some back and forth I got my question
answered, but I really don't like the mailinglist-system. While this is may
good for occasional and though questions from advanced users, it's totally
the wrong way to go for newbies. What I really miss is a central forum and a
central wiki.

I really don't care about regional meetings and stuff, but I would, as soon
as my skills are better, share my knowledge in a forum and/or wiki. Somehow
this whole TeX-community is like an exclusive/closed scientific-nerd club
(don't take it too hard guys)  ;)

Just my 2 cent.