[texhax] About BibTex using year author

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 29 21:49:25 CET 2008

> I use abbrvnat as bibliofraphystyle, and don't use natlib.
> \bibliographystyle{abbrvnat} \bibliography{navicomm} And I
> use JabRef version 2.3.1 to generate the .bib file.

Using abbrnat without natbib is a strange choice that is likely to lead to
problems anyway.

> When the number of authors is more than three, I wish the
> cite is shown as: [Author1 et al.(2001)] But the result I get
> is: [Author1 et al.(2001)Author1, Author2 and Autho3,]

Exactly, that's what natbib bibliographystyles give.  However, I don't
understand what you mean by "I wish the cite is shown as: [Author1 et
al.(2001)]" - you really want that to appear in print?

Anyway, try reading the natbib docs.

Cheers,  Phil