[texhax] fitting a draw from into tex

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Wed Jan 9 05:41:09 CET 2008

Bernard Perez skrev:

> I want to fit a draw which I have done in words into tex. The problem is
> that the draw is 1/3 of the lenght of the word page and when I transfer
> into pdf and I include into tex using:

Ideally you should set up your printer to print a cropped pdf...

> \begin{figure}
> \begin{center}

Use \centering in stead if the center environment to avoid
attitional vertical space.

> "Can you resize the page lenght of word of my draw so when I read into
> tex it does not take a whole page and title is just below the draw?"

Use the crop tool in Acrobat or pdfcrop from CTAN
<http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/pdfcrop/>.
If you prefer a GUI try TpX <http://tpx.sourceforge.net/>.

Alternatively you can use the bb and clip options to
\includegraphics.