[texhax] Getting ProTeXt working

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jan 3 11:44:31 CET 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 8:35 AM, Kittybriton wrote:

> The lines in bold are bothering me: how do I correct the problem?

Apparently you're using pdftex, but including some sort of PostScript
graphics on a system which doesn't seem to support the shell-escape
technique of automatically converting them (this may be a mis-
configuration, I'm not sure what capabilities miktex has in this
regard).

In lieu of that you'll need to distill the .eps figures to pdfs so
that they can be included, or switch to generating a dvi, then using
dvips to generate PostScript, then using GhostScript or some other
tool to distill that to a .pdf.

William

--
William Adams