[texhax] \healine in LaTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 05:25:14 CET 2008

On  14 Feb, 2008, at 12:25, £ukasz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm quite new in LateX and TeX. I want to create my
> own headline in LaTeX without using external packages.
>
> In TeX i can use \hline={...} function.
> Unfortunately when i'm using it in LaTeX it does't
> understand it at all. The Question is ... how can i
> define my own headline ? :)

See if this helps

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=secthead

Otherwise, you have to look for the headings definitions in the class
you're using and change it.

But you're really missing simplicity by not wanting to use external
packages ---fancyhdr, for example. In your terminal (or, if Windows,
at the command prompt) type

texdoc fancyhdr

and hit return.

Best,