[texhax] getting embedded vs paged pdf (eps/png)

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 13 20:24:42 CET 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 1:54 PM, George Georgalis wrote:

> The subject sums up the task, not sure why I cannot find
> anything on the topic searching for embed* and page*
>
> I'd like to use pdflatex generate stand alone formulas
> and tables, ie without page layout. these will be used
> in web pages and/or word processors; final output
> needs be in eps or png format. Doesn't really matter
> if pdflatex output is converted to eps/png or if they
> are generated directly, but how can I make stand alone
> images (eg size of the table/formula) vs typeset into
> the paper size?
>
> // George

Dear George,

You might want to take a look at the preview package to extract
encapsulated images of environments.

If you're looking for automated latex to HTML or MS Word conversion,
there are a lot of solutions out there (albeit some solutions are
partial).  See:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=conversion

--Matthew Leingang

--