[texhax] Time calculations within LaTeX?

Sat Feb 9 12:11:55 CET 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 6:56 AM, E. Krishnan <ekmath at asianetindia.com> wrote:

> Then \timediff10:15-16:00 gives 5.75 and \timediff10:15-01:00 gives 14.75.

I found two issues with the function, one of which I could fix :)

You need to reinitialize dh, dm, hrdec for the function to give the correct
result when called more than once in a tex file.

 \setcounter{dh}{0}
 \setcounter{dm}{0}
 \setcounter{hrdec}{0}

does the trick.

The other issue is that when the minute or hour values are equal, you
get a null result, no matter what the other parameter is. It seems there
is not handling for the minutes being equal in the code, so I am trying to
make this fly, atm.

Thanks again,
Richard