[texhax] hyperlinked text using hyperref package

ANIRUDDHA MAJUMDER ani_che_buet at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 10:35:09 CEST 2008

Dear TeXusers,
 I am new user of TeX system and I use WinEdt 5.5 to edit TeX files. I want to write a report with hyperlinked text and graphics. For this I used the following preambles,
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epsfig}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage[dvips,backref,colorlinks=true,citecolor=blue]{hyperref}

I ran LaTeX on the source file and then dvi2pdf to get the pdf output. The problem is, in the pdf file the hyperlink property is nor presereved. I will be obliged if you could suggest me the steps  to achieve the hyperlinked pdf output .

Regards,
Aniruddha