[texhax] Large fonts and superscripts.

Ludwig Mises ludwigmises at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:01:47 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yes :-)  Subscripts are mathematical, and are
> taken from the current set of maths fonts,
> which are unrelated to the text font that
> you have just selected.  Appendix G probably
> has all the gory details ...

Turns out that what I wanted was \raise with a bit of \hbox magic with
a different font.  I think I will revisit Appendix G after I have read
through all the slippery road sign sections.  The following seems to
work fine:

{\bigfont Six$\raise.5ex\hbox{\smallfont th}}$

Maybe I don't even really need mathmode for this but I'm not sure how
to accomplish that just yet.

Ludwig