[texhax] separate header on title page

G. Garai gautam.garai at saha.ac.in
Thu Apr 17 08:11:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I want to put a separate header on the title page (i.e., 1st page) which is
different from the header on odd and even numbered pages. Let me explain my problem
with the commands I have used in my Latex document of 4 pages.

\documentclass[psfig,twocolumn,twoside]{article}
\usepackage{psfig}
\usepackage{fancyheadings}

The following commands are used for all even and odd numbered pages and I can
achieve it.

\pagestyle{fancyplain}
\lhead[{\small Hybrid Genetic Algorithm for 2-D Dot Pattern Matching Problem}\\]{}
\rhead[]{{\small Proceedings of the National Conference CSI-RDHS 2008}\\}
\lfoot[{\small \copyright ~~Computer Society of India, 2008}]
      {{\small \copyright ~~Computer Society of India, 2008}}
\cfoot[]{}

Now the following commands are used for the first page of the article. But the
moment I use these commands, the header of the first page and the 3rd page of the
article are changed. But I want the first page header as follows and it is different
from other page header. Please help me out.

\thispagestyle{fancyplain}
\rhead[]{\fancyplain{}{{\small Proceedings of the National Conference on} \\
               {\small Research and Development in Hardware \& System} \\ {\small
(CSI-RDHS 2008)} \\
               {\small June 20-21, 2008, Kolkata, India}}}

Gautam