[texhax] tabular

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Tue Apr 8 22:35:07 CEST 2008

"Bryan W. Lepore" <Bryan.Lepore at umassmed.edu> writes:

> i have some cells in a tabular env. that are very wide up at the top, then
> down below i really don't need them so wide.  i'd rather not have to insert
> all sorts of p{} and such (need to think more here),

Well you have to, in some form or other, decide what size is the transition
between "very wide" and "not so wide".  You may as well use p{} for them
all.  I am assuming you want the wider entries to be broken into multiple
lines, and the shorter entries to remain intact.

> i was hoping i could simply reset the width where i want as i proceed in the
> table.

If this means you want to change the column widths part way through the
table, that is not going to work -- it is just the opposite of what a table
is supposed to be.

My crystal ball suggests you are looking for the tabulary package.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca