[texhax] Stopping hyphens in table of contents and headings

Suzanna Laycock s.k.laycock at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 01:27:46 CEST 2007

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions.

I found

\hyphenpenalty=10000

got rid of the problems in the section headings, but then caused
hyphens in the main text to not break, causing some long words to
extend into the right margin.

I have found a solution (I think)

\begin{flushleft}
\section{heading}
\end{flushleft}

This seems to work, but is quite manual but will do to start with.

Thanks for all your help.
Suzanna