[texhax] Stopping hyphens in table of contents and headings

Suzanna Laycock s.k.laycock at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 23:38:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

Basically some words are being hyphenated in the chapter and section
headings and the ToC.

I'm writing my PhD thesis so have the below, so everything is in one
column.

\documentclass[12pt, oneside]{report}

I would like to stop getting hyphenated words in the chapter/section/
subsection headings because it doesn't look to good.  As far as I can
tell I haven't adjusted the default chapter heading settings.

Can you supply some more information on how to do no. 3 " use
\raggedright which will require that you modify the section headings
command(s), a non-trivial task"

Thanks
Suzanna