[texhax] picture on the cover

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Oct 22 20:47:16 CEST 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Natércia Fernandes wrote:

> I'm writting a document (document class scrbook, twoside) and I
> would like to:
> 1. get the page of the title with a different color
> 2. include a picture on that page.
>
> For 1. I've tried
>      \pagecolor{color}
>      \maketitle
>      \pagecolor{white}
> but I get *two* pages colored (the front and the back, pages 1 and 2).
>
> For 2. I've tried
>      \includegraphics{picture}
>      \maketitle
> (the picture appears on page 2, the back of the first sheet).
> and also
>      \maketitle
>      \includegraphics{picture}
> (the piture is inserted on page 3 only)
> Since I want only the picture to appear in the first page, I even
> tried
>      \title{\includegraphics{picture}}
>      \maketitle
> but the picture goes to page 3.
>
> Can someone give me a hint?

Since the title page is created by the \maketitle command you need to
look into how it's defined and either hook into that (for some
document classes hooks are provided) or redefine it, or make an end-
run around it (usually it uses pagestyle{empty} so re-defining how
that appears will work if not needed elsewhere).

The relevant FAQ page is this:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=titlsty

which suggests the titling package and includes a link to:

http://zoonek.free.fr/LaTeX/LaTeX_samples_title/0.html

William

--
William Adams