[texhax] Dense textbook with small diagrams

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 16:18:40 CEST 2007

Yes but unsuccessfully for a few reasons

1) I couldn't seem to find a2ping with apt-cache search, perhaps
it's part of a utilities package under another name.

2) I'm not entirely sure of the meaning of the ghostscript command
which just seems to print the bounding box dimensions in the console.

3) Neither am I really sure when it's working :) The discrepencies are very
small and by trying it on one of them it's rather hard to see whether it
has any effect. Only when you have a line of them do you see they are
irregular - if that makes sense. I'm experimenting with "draft" option
to \includegraphics to see if I can get the bounding boxes to be clearer
to me.

4) My backup plan to use \raisebox seems to work and I can now tweak
them up and down.

Thanks for your help and any further suggestions Martin. I'll battle on
but will surely be back. At some point I suppose I'd better post up some
code because surely it's difficult to visualise what I'm doing.

cheers,

Andy

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 03:13:57 +0200
"Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> wrote: