[texhax] Argument of \@citex has an extra }

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Sat Oct 13 12:28:04 CEST 2007

martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> writes:

> and my guess now is that a fragile command is used within the
> bibliography, and it breaks as it's being moved into the main
> document due to the cite.

I doubt it.  It looks more like a redefinition of the \cite command
is fragile, and it breks when used in a figure caption or similar.
I am pretty sure, though, that natbib defines \cite to be robust.

You have to provide more context for where that error message
comes from.  Check if it comes while loading an .aux file.  If
it does, then your testing was wasted; what you needed to do was
delete the .aux files for every test.

> So it has to be something about the bibtex entries, which are:
>
> @ARTICLE{AmorEtAl:2005:MLSUD3aaCSPR,
>   author = {Juan-José Amor-Iglesias and Jesús M. González-Barahona and Gregorio

Fragile definitions for special characters?

>   file = {Full paper:AmorIglesiasEtAl\:2005\:MLSUD3aaCSPR.pdf:PDF},

"\:" may be a fragile command but it usually is not (\mskip\medmuskip).

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca