[texhax] zoom

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Sun Nov 25 23:31:09 CET 2007

In my copy of Reader (which is on a Mac), there is a "page scaling"
option in the print dialog.  The options are limited, but one of them
expands the occupied part of each document page to fill the printable
part of the paper.  I think it uses the same expansion for the whole
document.  I've done what you are trying to do using that before, though
I also modified the page header and footer to condense the original a
little bit.  (Moved the page numbers up into the header, as I recall, to
make the printed area a bit smaller, so the zoom would be a bit bigger.)

Unfortunately, I can't speak for a kubuntu distribution of Acrobat.

There are a bunch of scaling options in Acrobat professional, so if you
can find someone who has that, perhaps they could help.  You could also
look into the documentation for ghostscript.  As should be clear by
here, I know more about postscript than about PDF, so I'll shut up here
and maybe someone who knows more will chime in about manipulations
possible with readily available PDF tools.

I don't think lpr is going to help you much, though.  I think its
capacity is mostly just dispatching and adding a job header page, though
my beliefs on the point are not worth much.

 -tom