[texhax] Tex Capacity Exceeded

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Fri Nov 23 21:32:04 CET 2007

"Bruce Thomson" <bruce at auswildlife.com> writes:

> I initially posted a question yesterday and received a response but it
> didn't appear to circulate in the texhax group,

It circulated.  You probably have your preferences set so your own messages
don't go back to you.

> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].

> I have also noticed in previous threads that a copy of the source code is of
> use, so here it is.
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{book}

That is closer, but it is *still* not enough for anybody to replicate your problem
and then solve it.

Leave out most of the packages!

Do not \include files you do not provide.

Shorten the bodsy as much as possible.

Hint: See what there is about a \label command that causes infinite
recursion.  Did you redefine \label?  More likely it is used in a wrong
place, or the tag includes bad characters.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca