[texhax] Tex Capacity Exceeded

Bruce Thomson bruce at auswildlife.com
Thu Nov 22 11:07:58 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem which has already received some previous attention. However
I have looked at the various posts and tried a range of remedies, but none
appear to work. I was wondering if someone might be able to interpret some
of the finer detail in this message to suggest a fix. It occurs in MiKTeX
2.6 when compiling and never occurred when using previous versions! The
problem occurs when it reaches the tableofcontents. I have checked brackets
and variously edited out each package that I use, rewritten some files and
all to no avail.

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
\label #1->\@bsphack
                     \begingroup \@onelevel at sanitize \@currentlabelname
\ede...
l.1 \begin{tableofcontents}

Any ideas? I have a very simple understanding of all this, I'm afraid!!!

Cheers, Bruce