[texhax] Beamer graphic question

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Nov 20 09:37:37 CET 2007

On  19 Nov, 2007, at 10:18, David Afshartous wrote:

> The code below compiles fine in a paper I have, but when I try and
> put it in
> a beamer presentation I receive the error that "ps" is unknown file
> format.
> [...]
>
> In the beamer presentation I've also included a pdf figure
> successfully.  Is
> it that one cannot include both pdf and ps files in the same document?

I think so ---but you can use eps and pdf files in the same document.
First, chances are you have a command line program ps2eps, which
converts your ps files to eps, calculating the right bounding box, so
you don't have to do it manually; then

\documentclass{beamer}
%\usepackage{times}         % No need for this if you use mathptmx.
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{mathptmx}       % But does this work with beamer?
\usepackage{helvet}
\usepackage{graphicx}       % I don't think color.sty is needed.
\usepackage{epstopdf}       % <- This converts your eps files;
                             % shell-escape is necessary.

To include pdf files in LaTeX you have to typeset with pdflatex,
which you are obviously doing; and to include eps graphics in a
pdflatex document you need the epstopdf package.

There is a beamer users mailing list: