[texhax] default font in LaTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Nov 15 21:08:42 CET 2007

Adrian Dusa writes:
 > I want to produce a figure using Inkscape which has some text, and I would
 > like that text to be as close to the text in the main paper.

 > What is the default font that is used when compiling a document?

Computer Modern.

 > Alternatively, is there a "standard" font for figures?

In my opinion it is wrong to use a different font in figures.  I
assume that Inkscape uses system fonts like Times or Palatino, which
are ubiquitous.  They are supported by TeX, too.

If you like Palatino, for instance, and you are using LaTeX, try

\usepackage{mathpazo}
\usepackage{tgpagella}

in this order.  mathpazo is needed for math support and tgpagella
provides glyphs for almost all Latin languages.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25