[texhax] Changing spacing between some lines in multline etc

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI ekalin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:47:46 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 9:23 AM, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Sometimes I am not happy with some vertical spacing between two
> particular lines in "equations" containing more than two lines (for
> two lines {spreadlines} of mathtools takes care but if there are more
> than two lines it affects all spacing). Is there any regular method
> (except increasing spacing by including phantoms)?

\\[spacing] works also in math mode, so you can use \\[3pt] or
something like that.

> 2) Sometimes I want to use a kind of multline but with all equations
> except the first one flashed right. I cannot invent anything except
> some ugly games with {align}. Is there a better solution?

amsmath's multline environment by default has the first line
left-aligned, the last flush right and the middle ones centered. Not
what you need, but you can use \shoveright to make the ones in the
middle right-aligned.

There might be a better solution, tough.