[texhax] making pdf document accessible using LaTeX

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Mon Nov 12 17:11:29 CET 2007

William Adams skrev:

> I just tried that in Mac OS X 10.4 (still trying to find the time to
> install Leopard) and it works properly w/ Adobe Acrobat 8.
>
> It does create some strange text selection-highlighting issues (you
> can't highlight ^2 + b^2 = c^2 in the .pdf), but when you copy and
> paste the above typeset sample document you get:

It's the same in Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional.

> The Pythagorean Theorem is a squared plus b squared equals c squared
> 1
>
> (which argues that the page number should have ``Page number''
> prefixed to it as actual text)
>
> Do you mind if I forward your post to the bookpeople mailing list? It
> automatically disguises e-mail addresses so it won't result in more
> spam.

No I don't mind. However, this wasen't my idea. It is just
something I have picked up on usenet some time ago.

Searching comp.text.tex I think it is from this thread
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/87c0ea47318e284f/50593ad2a857ddb3?lnk=st&q=actualText+group%3Acomp.text.tex#50593ad2a857ddb3>.

Best regards,
Martin Heller