[texhax] Help installing makor on Mac OSX macTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Nov 9 02:05:37 CET 2007

On  8 Nov, 2007, at 06:37, Eric Jablow wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2007, at 4:07 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> On  7 Nov, 2007, at 23:47, Eric Jablow wrote:
>>
>>> Sirs:
>>>
>>> I am trying to install the 'makor' CTAN package into my MacTeX
>>> installation taken from the TeXLive 2007 DVD.

[...]

> I started out going to the top-level Mac-ish directories that were
> installed.  with various trees.  In my frustration, I thought I had
> messed up the installation, so I deleted and reinstalled.  I then
> went to the conventional /usr/local directories these create as
> links and put the files there, as they match the expected directory
> tree.  Sorry to be so imprecise, but I'm using a different computer
> right now.
>
>> I would advise you to join the TeX on Mac OS X mailing list

[...]

> I found it last night and joined it.

And Peter Dyballa has already answered your question. I haven't
thought of such a simple thing as to copy the contents of
psfonts.mkr2 into a makor.map!

As he has instructed you to put your new makor.map into

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc

so you should with the rest of your makor2 distribution; for example,
makor2.sty, in ctan.org/tex-archive/languages/hebrew/makor/tex/latex/
makor2/

should be put in

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/local/

etc. And remember to update the TeX database with `` sudo texhash '',
as Dyballa said, after any addition to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local.

Best,

Axel