[texhax] Help installing makor on Mac OSX macTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Nov 8 10:07:00 CET 2007

On  7 Nov, 2007, at 23:47, Eric Jablow wrote:

> Sirs:
>
> I am trying to install the 'makor' CTAN package into my MacTeX
> installation taken from the TeXLive 2007 DVD.  The final step is to
> copy the contents of the psfonts.mkr2 file into the psfonts.map file
> of my distribution.  However, that file has instructions at the top to
> edit the updmap.cfg file instead.

More or less. For example, in

http://osdir.com/ml/openoffice.devel.general/2006-08/msg00003.html

says ``... when installing on TeTeX 3.0, instead of following the
directions given and putting psfonts.mkr2 into your psfonts.map, the
correct procedure is to run:
updmap --enable MixedMap /path/to/psfonts.mkr2''

What you really need in these days is

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=psfonts.mkr2

(I'm not sure if it is a mixed map; from what I see in

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/hebrew/makor/tex/makor2/
psfonts.mkr2

it looks to me as map, not mixed map, but I may be wrong. What I'm
*really* sure is that you need `` sudo updmap-sys ...'', not only ``
updmap ...''.)

You have to tell us where have you installed all the files, including
psfonts.mkr2.

I would advise you to join the TeX on Mac OS X mailing list:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

You certainly will find there people who have installed the package
in the MacTeX distribution.

Best,

Axel