[texhax] Margin issues

Karthik Narayanaswamy kn5d at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 6 13:50:40 CET 2007

Folks,

I'm trying to finish my dissertation, and seem to run into a problem
with margins. I'm using MikTex and TeXnicCenter, and no, I'm not
super-TeX savvy (so please try to be specific in your suggestions :)).
Essentially my margins are all screwy and uneven - the left is much
bigger than the right, and the bottom much bigger than the top.

\documentclass[letterpaper,twoside,12pt]{report}
\usepackage[top=1in,bottom=1in,left=1in,right=1in]{geometry}

I have tried \usepackage{fullpage}, and also setting
\oddsidemargin -10pt
\evensidemargin 0pt
\textwidth 6.5in

but none of the solutions produce the correct margins. Help! I'm getting
ready to submit, and could use one less thing to stress out about.

Cheers,
Karthik

--
Karthik Narayanaswamy