[texhax] Reference in text is too long ...

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.ns.ac.yu
Thu Nov 1 08:15:52 CET 2007

Hello!
I am using Tetex under Ubuntu 6.06. In particular article I am writing,
I use:
\usepackage[longnamesfirst]{natbib}
\bibliographystyle{apalike}
Then, I use \citep{} or \citet{}
The problem is that one reference (with three coauthors) contains very
long name of the first author. It has not been broken into the next
line, but almost fell of the paper. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Although second and third authors are not named (et al.), the first one
is making problem, having four string of letters in his family name. One
way to fix that is not to use \citet{}, but plain text. However, I
wonder if it is possible to fix that in natbib.

Best,
PM