[texhax] unexpeced space

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 31 16:39:34 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 15:59, Philip G. Ratcliffe wrote:
> > 	I found that if  a macro is creating unexpected space
> > then use that
> > macro within \llap,
> >             as in '\lap{\macro}', to eliminate the space.
> > It's a shoestring
> > solution  because it doesn't
> > 	treat the source of the problem.   I'm happy anyway.

I had the same problem when I used my own version of an eplain
indexing macro instead of the standard one used in Context. Extra
space was spotted by the customer which was emabarassing. My solution
was to revert to the less-powerful Context version.  The extra space
disappeared but so did the "see also" etc.

I'll remember the % trick.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting