[texhax] graphics question

Diego L. Guarín dlguarin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 04:45:37 CEST 2007

hi, i´d like to apologize for my English it is not very good.

I have a question related to the treatment of the graphics in latex, in the
WYSIWYG programs (word, open-office, etc..) u can put an image in the work
space, send it to the
background and then write over the image, to be more explicit i send a
picture showing that i mean.
As far as i know in latex when u put a picture using

\begin{figure}
  % Requires \usepackage{graphicx}
  \includegraphics[width=10cm]{image}\\
  \caption{image}\label{this is a picture of u}
\end{figure}

latex separate a space that can only be occupied by the file name image, so
it´s impossible to write over the image, i´d have to modify the picture in
GIMP or some other program.
Or it´s possible to do the same i show in the attacked picture in latex?????

thx a lot for ur time, o really hope that all u people understand what i
mean.

Diego Guarín
U.T.P
Colombia