[texhax] `Times slanted' font?

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon May 7 18:08:04 CEST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 10:29, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi to all TeX users.
>
> I use the `Times' font simply with:
>
>  \font\timestwelverm=ptmr at 12pt
>  \font\timestwelveit=ptmri at 12pt
>  \font\timestwelvebf=ptmb at 12pt
>
> , so having the `regular', italic and bold version of it; but don't
> know wether and how it is possible to get the slanted face.
>
> Can anyone suggest that?
>
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo

NImbus Roman and Times Roman are described as visually identical. So I
would suggest the following lines in pdftex.map as  pointers to a
suitable slanted Times Roman:

ptmro8r NimbusRomNo9L-Regu ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <utmr8a.pfb
ptmro8y NimbusRomNo9L-Regu ".167 SlantFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <utmr8a.pfb

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com