[texhax] Editing tool in Linux

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Wed Mar 28 20:19:00 CEST 2007

I am in the middle of an at least partial transfer of my activities
from Windows to Linux.  When working with LaTex on Windows I have used
both WinEdt and TexNicCenter.  What I like most with those is that you
have a tree structure of the document on the left side of the screen
and the ability to build a complete docukment in pdf format.  I know
that the real Linux enthusiasts use vi or emacs for anything but
brushing teeth, but I do not feel I am ready for that, at least not yet.

So:  Are there any Linux editing tools oriented towards LaTex with
similar functionality like the ones mentioned above, including
building complete documents to pdf, including indexing, biliographies
etc.?

Tom