[texhax] Slides -> Poster

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 09:46:47 CET 2007

Ricardo,

Firstly, for the second and last time, you get better answers if you
show us what you did rather than describe the results. Assemble a small,
minimal example and include the latex source. There are lots of ways to
try to do what you are doing, and it is impossible for us to guess.

I suspect your problem is that whatever you are using to set a
background colour sets (or more accurately perhaps RE-sets) the pdf
document's background colour, so that anything in your pdf that is
"background" ends up in that colour. Actually, most of the time that is
what people would want to happen if you think about it, because it
CHANGES the background colour to the new colour.

You might try the suggestion I've already made, namely to use eso-pic to
put a PICTURE in the background instead of setting a background colour.
I haven't tried it, but it should be as simple as creating a box as big
as your page filled with whatever colour you wish, e.g, using the
picture environment. Or (as I thought you were trying to do because you
didn't tell us) you can put a real graphic of some kind there.

Steve

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 20:47 -0800, Ricardo Lima wrote:
> However, I was not able to set the background color. The point is that:
> 1- when I set the background color to black, the slides inserted became also
> black, but I can see the other colors.
> 2- thus, in the presentation I set one slide with background color to white and
> remaining to red.
> 3- the final result is that black overlaps the white. So the white is not
>  really
> white.
>
> Do you have any suggestion regarding the background?
> Thanks in advance for your help.
Professor Steven J Schwartz      Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Space and Atmospheric Physics    Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory          E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London          Office: Huxley 6M70
London SW7 2BW, U.K.             Web: http://www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs