[texhax] style references

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Jun 29 10:35:17 CEST 2007

On  28 Jun, 2007, at 07:58, Michael Hodenius wrote:

> Dear Mms./Sirs,
>
> I need a command to change the style of references in my LateX
> dokument.
> E.g. I want to delete the numbers [1], [2] and so on, i.e. I want
> to replace
> for example:
> [1] Bulte J, De Cuyper M, Despres D and Frank J 1999 {\it J. Magn.
> Magn.
> Mater.} {\bf 194} 204-209.
> by
> Bulte J, De Cuyper M, Despres D and Frank J 1999 {\it J. Magn.
> Magn. Mater.}
> {\bf 194} 204-209.
>
> Can you help me ?

I've always used natbib (the package to customize references inside
your text) with makebst (the program to make your own style for your
bibliography); read their documentation ---they should be in your
distribution. makebst is not as hard to use as it seems ---basically,
you run it with

latex makebst

in a terminal and answer a bunch of questions. The worst that can
happen is that you make a mistake and have to start all over again.

Now ---there is biblatex:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex/

I haven't tried yet, but seems really good.

Best,

Axel