[texhax] problem getting editor's names into a citation with bibtex and natbib

Dan Hatton vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 00:00:30 CEST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:

> Running MikTeX on WinXP.  Having a problem getting editor's name to show
> up in my bibliography.

> And here are the error messages.  I get the same error with my custom
> bst file:

> Warning--can't use both author and editor fields in TPWS
> Warning--can't use both author and editor fields in Okkes2003

You might benefit from putting these things in the bibliographic
database as @INCOLLECTION records instead of @INBOOK records.  There's
a brief summary of the differences between the two record types at
<http://www.eeng.dcu.ie/local-docs/btxdocs/btxdoc/btxdoc/node6.html#SECTION00031000000000000000>.

--

HTH,

Dan Hatton