[texhax] YAP and Printing

Bernice Barnett jbbrus at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 08:08:23 CEST 2007

Robert Sherry wrote:

>             I have recently downloaded the latest version of MikTex
> which includes the previewed YAP.  The version of YAP that
>
> I have is 2.6.2639. When I print a document and specify only certain
> pages then I get more pages then I asked for. For
>
> example, if I ask to print pages 5 through 7 then I get page 5 to the
> end of the document. Have I found a bug in YAP? Any ideas?
>

>             I thank the group, in advance for their responses.
>

> Bob Sherry

This bug has been reported a while ago. It seems the MikTex team has
been so busy trying to stabilize new versions, that simple (?) problems
such as this one haven't been fixed. We updated one of our computers a
while ago and ran into the bug. The rest have been left at version 2.4
rather than face all of the problems. Unfortunately, it is not easy to
roll back MikTex versions because the load/update from repository have
been turned off for the older versions.

-- Jeff Barnett